window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-154937737-1'); GS Spoken English: LESSON - 8 PREPOSITION 'TO' OF GS SPOKEN ENGLISH

Wednesday 13 November 2019

LESSON - 8 PREPOSITION 'TO' OF GS SPOKEN ENGLISH

  PREPOSITIONS  [Some important prepositions]
TO, ON, IN, FOR, FROM, AT, WITH, BY, OF, ABOUT,     

                                                       LESSON - 8      

      Preposition – TO

               'To’is used  to indicate a destination or direction:

  • He is going to Australia.
  • I will go to hospital.
  • She went to office.
       
     ' To’ is used to tell a reason.
  • She went to market to by vegetables.
  • They will go to the US to attend a marriage.
  • He is going to Japan to meet his friend.

        ‘To’ is placed immediately after the words ‘talk’, ‘speak’, ‘listen’.
  • She spoke to my manager.
  • He is talking to his friend.
  • They are listening to English songs.

    ‘To’ to express exact time.
  • It is quarter to eight.
  • The bus came at 10 to 5.
  • It is just five days to Christmas.         

      ‘To’ indicates  from one point to another point or from one time to certain time
  • We walked from the bus stand to the railway station.
  • His exams are from March 10th  to 21st .
  • The conference is from 10’o’ clock to 1 ‘o’ clock.
     
       ‘To’ is used to tell opproximate number.
  •       30 to 40 people attended the meeting.
  •       This dress may cost 20 to 30 dollars.
  •       I walked two to three miles.
TO
She went to market.
He talked to the minister.
We spent 2 to 3 lakhs on business.
They went to bank to get cash.
He went to the US to meet the president.
They stayed here from Sunday to Friday
The flag was hoisted at quarter to eight.


                     
                    QUESTIONS                                                             ANSWERS

1.
‘To’ is used to mention the place. It comes after the word ‘go’ 'going' 'went'  'gone'
स्थान का उल्लेख करने के लिए 'to' का उपयोग किया जाता है ‘go’  'going'  'went'  'gone' शब्दों  के बाद आता है
స్థలం గురించి ప్రస్తావించడానికి ‘to’ ఉపయోగించబడుతుంది. ఇది ‘go 'going'  'went'  'gone' అనే పదాల తరవాత  వస్తుంది.

Where do you go daily ?
तुम रोज कहाँ जाते हो ?  
మీరు రోజు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తారు ?
I go to temple.
मैं मंदिर जाता हूं।
నేను గుడికి వెళ్తాను

Where will you go?
आप  कहाँ जायेंगा?
నువ్వు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తావు ?       
I will go to temple.
मैं मंदिर जाऊंगा।  
నేను గుడికి వెళ్తాను

Where are you going?
  तुम कहाँ जा रहे हो?
నువ్వు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తున్నావు ?  
I am going to temple.
मैं मंदिर जा रहा हूं।
నేను గుడికి వెళ్తున్నాను.

Where did you go?  
आप कहाँ गए थे?
నువ్వు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్లావు ?   
I went to temple.
मैं मंदिर गया
నేను గుడికి వెళ్ళాను.

Where were you going? 
तुम कहाँ जा रहे थे?
మీరప్పుడు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తున్నారు?
I was going to temple.
मैं मंदिर जा रहा था।
నేనప్పుడు గుడికి వెళ్తున్నాను.

2.
‘To’ is used to tell a reason.
एक कारण बताने के लिए ‘To’ प्रयोग किया जाता है
ఒక కారణం చెప్పడానికి  ‘to’    ఉపయోగపడుతుంది

Why does she go to shop daily?
वह रोज दुकान क्यों जाती है?
ఆమె షాప్ కి రోజు ఎందుకు వెళ్తుంది?
She goes to shop to sell vegetables.
वह सब्जी बेचने के लिए दुकान जाती है।
కూరగాయలు అమ్మడానికి ఆమె షాప్ కి వెళ్తుంది.

Why will she go to shop?
वह दुकान क्यों जाएगी?
ఆమె షాప్ కి ఎందుకు వెళ్తుంది?    
She will go to shop to sell vegetables.
वह सब्जी बेचने के लिए दुकान जाएगी।
కూరగాయలు అమ్మడానికి ఆమె షాప్ కి వెళ్తుంది.

Why is she going to shop?
वह दुकान क्यों जा रही है?
ఆమె షాప్ కి ఎందుకు వెళ్తావుంది ?
She is going to shop to sell vegetables.
वह सब्जी बेचने के लिए दुकान जा रही है।
కూరగాయలు అమ్మడానికి ఆమె షాప్ కి వెళ్తావుంది

Why did she go to shop?
वह दुकान क्यों गई थी?
ఆమె షాప్ కి ఎందుకు వెళ్ళింది ?     
She went to shop to sell vegetables.
वह सब्जी बेचने के लिए दुकान गई थी।
కూరగాయలు అమ్మడానికి ఆమె షాప్ కి వెళ్ళింది.

Why was she going to shop?
वह दुकान क्यों जा रही थी?
ఆమె షాప్ కి ఎందుకు వెళ్తువున్నింది?
She was going to shop to sell vegetables.
वह सब्जी बेचने के लिए दुकान जा रही थी।
కూరగాయలు అమ్మడానికి ఆమె షాప్ కి వెళ్తువున్నింది

3.
‘To’ is used after the word ‘talk’  
‘Talk’ शब्द के बाद  ‘to’ का प्रयोग किया जाता है     
‘Talk’ అనే పదం తర్వాత ‘to’ వస్తుంది.

What do you do in free time?
खाली समय में आप क्या करते हैं  
మీరు కాళీ టైం లో ఏమి చేస్తారు?                      
I talk to my friends.
मैं अपने दोस्तों से बात करता हुँ।
నేను నా ఫ్రెండ్స్ తో మాట్లాడతాను.

What will you do now?
अब आप क्या करेंगे?      
నువ్వు ఇప్పుడు ఏమి చేస్తావు?        
I will talk to my friend.
मैं अपने दोस्त से बात करूंगा
నా ఫ్రెండ్ తో మాట్లాడతాను.

What are you doing?
तुम क्या कर रहे हो     
నువ్వు ఏమి చేస్తున్నావు                        
I am talking to my client.
मैं अपने क्लाइंट से बात कर रहा हूं।
నా క్లయింట్ తో మాట్లాడుతున్నాను.

What did you do  yesterday?
आपने कल क्या किया     
నిన్న మీరు ఏమి చేసారు                        
I talked to my students.
मैंने अपने छात्रों से बात की।
నా స్టూడెంట్స్ తో మాట్లాడాను.

What were you doing in the morning?
आप सुबह क्या कर रहे थे?           
నువ్వు ఉదయం ఎవరితో మాట్లాడుతున్నావు?      
I was talking to my sister.
मैं अपनी बहन से बात कर रहा था।
నేనప్పుడు మా అక్కతో మాట్లాడుతున్నాను.

4.
‘To’ is used after the word  ‘speak’
‘Speak’ शब्द के बाद  ‘to’ का प्रयोग किया जाता है            
‘Speak’ అనే పదం తర్వాత  'to' వస్తుంది. 

Whom do you speak to, at lunch time ?
आप लंच टाइम में किससे बात करते हैं? 
లంచ్ టైం లో రోజు ఎవరితో మాట్లాడుతావు ?  
I speak to my students.    
मैं अपने छात्रों से बात करता हूं।
నేను నా స్టూడెంట్స్ తో మాట్లాడుతాను.

Whom will you speak to ?
आप किससे बात करेंगे?      
ఎవరితో మాట్లాడుతావు?                   
I will speak to the teacher.
मैं टीचर  से बात करूंगा।
 టీచెర్ తో మాట్లాడుతాను.

Who is Padma speaking to ?
पद्मा किससे बोल रहे हैं?
పద్మ ఎవరితో మాట్లాడుతావుంది?   
Padma is speaking to an advocate.
पद्मा एक वकील से बोल रही हैं।
 పద్మ ఒక న్యాయవాదితో మాట్లాడుతావుంది.

Whom did you speak to?
आप किससे बात करते थे?        
ఎవరితో మాట్లాడావు ?                            
I spoke to the headmaster. .
मैंने हेडमास्टर से बात की।
నేను   హెడ్మాస్టర్ తో మాట్లాడాను.

Whom were you speaking to ?
आप किससे बोल रहे थे?
అప్పుడెవరితో మాట్లాడుతూవున్నావు ?         
I was speaking to my students.
मैं अपने छात्रों से बात कर रहा था।
నేనప్పుడు నా స్టూడెంట్స్ తో మాట్లాడుతున్నాను

5.
‘To’ is used after the word ‘listen’
‘Listen’ शब्द के बाद  ‘To’ का प्रयोग किया जाता है              

What do you do in the evening?
आप शाम में क्या कर रहे हो?
సాయంత్రం ఏమిచేస్తుంటావు?
I  listen to English news.
मैं अंग्रेजी समाचार सुनता हूं
నేను ఇంగ్లీష్ వార్తలు వింటాను.

What will he do now ?  
अब वह क्या करेगा?    
అతను ఇప్పుడు ఏమి చేస్తాడు?                     
He will listen to the news.
वह समाचार सुनेंगे।
అతను వార్తలు వింటాడు.

What is he doing?
वह क्या कर रहा है?  
అతనేమిచేస్తున్నాడు?
He is listening to music.
वह संगीत सुन रहा है।
అతను సంగీతం వింటున్నాడు

What did he do till now?
उसने अब तक क्या किया     
అతను ఇప్పటి వరకు ఏమి చేశాడు?       
He listened to English songs.
उन्होंने अंग्रेजी गाने सुने।
అతను ఇంగ్లీష్ పాటలు విన్నాడు.

What was he doing?
वह क्या कर रहा था 
అప్పుడు అతను ఏమి చేస్తున్నాడు?             
He was listening to English lessons.
वह अंग्रेजी पाठ सुन रहा था।
అప్పుడు అతను ఇంగ్లీష్ పాఠాలు వింటున్నాడు.


Conversation:   [Mother and Daughter]
Mother: Meera, Meera, where are you? Come here, I want to tell you something.
Meera:   I came just now. I went to shop to buy some books.
Mother:  I am going to railway station to receive Rajiv. He is coming with luggage.
               Someone should go to help him.
Meera:     How do you know that he is coming. Did he talk to you on phone?
Mother:  Yesterday evening at 6 he called me when I was listening to the news.
Meera:   How will you go ? Car or auto?
Mother:  I prefer car to auto. I spoke to driver. He will come now to take me.
Meera:   How many days will he stay here?
Mother:  He has exams for 5th to 10th . He will go after exams.Somebody is
                knocking  the door. I think it is driver. I am going. Prepare something
               to eat before we come.


 Some more examples to use the preposition ‘To’

Junior to, Senior to, Superior to


 He is junior to me.
       Sita is senior to Rajini.
       He is superior to all in his office.

Prefer to


  We prefer car to auto.
         I prefer tea to coffee.
        They prefer rice to wheat.

‘From’ and ‘To’


     His exams are from 10th to 18th
     They worked from 3 to 6.
     I walked from office to my house.


'To' comes after pronoun and a noun.


    


          I replied to his letter.
         She said “Yes ” to my question.
         She never says 'No' to my request.


Mistakes made with preposition 'to'
     
        I will go to home. (wrong)     
        I will go home.     (correct)
        Tell to her. (wrong)
        Tell her.    (correct)
        I hear to music. (wrong)
        I hear music.     (correct)

















                                                                   

                   

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

LESSON - 19 CONJUNCTIONS - AND & BUT - OF G.S.SPOKEN ENGLISH