window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-154937737-1'); GS Spoken English: Lesson - 20 Conjunctions - 'That's why and Because' of G.S.Spoken English

Saturday 14 December 2019

Lesson - 20 Conjunctions - 'That's why and Because' of G.S.Spoken English

LESSON - 20 

CONJUNCTIONS - THAT'S WHY & BECAUSE


'That's why' is said after telling some reason in a sentence.
  •  It is very hot that's why I am sitting in A.C. room.
  •  She is very innocent that's why I like her.
  •  He is sick that's why I went to see him.
  •  It was raining heavily that's why we didn't go out.
  •  He is sincere that's why I entrust the accounts work.


That's why & Because
It is summer that's why we drink plenty of water.
She studies well that's why teachers like her.
 She doesn't like him that's why I didn't tell about him
G.S.Spoken English
He got a job because he gave some bribe.
 People surrounded her because she is an actress.
 I don't believe his words because he never speaks truth.

 Some more examples with Hindi and Telugu.

1. They are very rich that's why they travel by flight.
    वे बहुत अमीर हैं इसलिए वे उड़ान से यात्रा करते हैं।
    వాళ్ళు చాల ధనవంతులు అందుకే విమానంలో ప్రయాణిస్తారు

2. His father is a doctor that's why he knows about medicines.
    उनके पिता एक डॉक्टर हैं, इसलिए उन्हें दवाओं के बारे में पता है।
    అతని తండ్రి ఒక డాక్టర్ అందుకే అతనికి  మందుల గురించి తెలుసు.

3. They missed the school bus that's why they went by a cab.
    वे स्कूल बस से चूक गए, इसीलिए वे कैब से गए।
    వాళ్ళకి స్కూల్ బస్సు మిస్ అయ్యింది అందుకే క్యాబ్ లో వెళ్లారు

4. She is very innocent that's why I like her.
     वह बहुत मासूम है इसीलिए मैं उसे पसंद करती हूं।
   ఆమె చాల అమాయకురాలు అందుకే ఏమంటే నాకు ఇష్టం

5. She was not lifting the phone that's why I went to her house.
     वह फोन नहीं उठा रही थी इसलिए मैं उसके घर गया था।
     ఆమె ఫోన్ ఎత్తటంలేదు అందుకే నేను ఆమె ఇంటికి వెళ్ళాను 

'Because' is said before telling some reason in a sentence.

  • She slept soon because she was too tired.
  • All are happy because he is out of danger.
  • He went to hospital because he got fever.
  • I will work in this school because it is close to my house.
  • We helped her because she is in problems.


1. They know about agriculture because they work in a field.
     वे कृषि के बारे में जानते हैं क्योंकि वे एक क्षेत्र में काम करते हैं।
    వాళ్లకు వ్యవసాయం గురించి తెలుసు ఎందుకంటే వాళ్ళు పొలం లో పని చేస్తారు.


2. I know her well because we both are working in same office.
   मैं उसे अच्छी तरह से जानता हूं क्योंकि हम दोनों एक ही ऑफिस में काम कर रहे हैं।
   నాకు ఆమె బాగా తెలుసు ఎందుకంటే మేమిద్దరం ఒకే ఆఫీస్ లో పని చేస్తున్నాము.

3.  Saleem  took an umbrella with him because it was drizzling.
    सलीम एक छाता ले गई क्योंकि यह टपक रहा था।
   సలీం గొడుగు తీసుకెళ్లాడు  ఎందుకంటే చినుకులు పడుతూవున్నింది. 

4. We don't like her because she is very proud.
     हम उसे पसंद नहीं करते क्योंकि वह बहुत गर्वित है।
    మాకు ఆమె ఇష్టం లేదు ఎందుకంటే ఆమెకు చాల గర్వం.

5. We went to a hotel because we were hungry.
  हम एक होटल में गए क्योंकि हम भूखे थे।
   మేము హోటల్ కి వెళ్ళాము ఎందుకంటే మాకు ఆకలేసింది.

We can replace the word 'because' in the place 'that's why'.
And also replace the word 'that's why' in the place 'because', without changing the meaning.

Observe the following sentences: (that's why to because)

1. They are very rich that's why they travel by flight.
    They travel by flight because they are very rich.

2.
 His father is a doctor that's why he knows about medicines.
    He knows about medicines because his father is a doctor.

3. They missed the school bus that's why they went by a cab.
     They went by a cab because they missed the school bus.

4. She is very innocent that's why I like her.
     I like her because she is very innocent.

5. She was not lifting the phone that's why I went to her house.
    I went to her house because she was not lifting the phone.



Observe the following sentences: (
because to that's why)

 1. They know about agriculture because they work in a field.
     They work in a field that's why they know about agriculture.


2. I know her well because we both are working in same office.
    They are working in same office that's why I know her well.

3. Saleem took an umbrella with him because it was drizzling.
    It was drizzling that's why Saleem took an umbrella with him.

4. We don't like her because she is very proud.
     She is very proud that's why we don't like her.

5. We went to a hotel because we were hungry.
    We were hungry that's why we went to a hotel.



                                                Conversation:


Conversation on 'Because' and 'That's why'

Sara:      What are you writing?

Mary:    I am writing a leave letter. I want to take leave for a month  
             because I am planning to go to India.

Sara:     Why are you going there? 

Mary:    My brother went to India and settled there that's why I am going 
              to see him. Last year he went to India along with the church members  
              to organize  christian meetings. He invited me for the meetings but I 
              didn't go because that time I was sick.

Sara:     It is a strange thing. an American went to India and settled. Indians love 
             to come here and settle but in your bother's case it is quite opposite.

Mary:     All the people came back except him, because he wanted to settle 
               there and proclaim gospel. It is his mission.
              
Sara:     What did your parents say?

Mary:   My parent's support him. They too like India, that's why
             they sent him there to preach. Do you like India?

Sara:     I don't like Indians.  They come here just to earn money that's why I 
             don't like them.  They make friendship with our Americans just for 
             sponsorship.

Mary:    I like their culture. They give much importance to the family. They love
              their families than money. Though they speak different languages and 
              follow different religions, they love one another.

Sara:      Oh! It is already 10 'o' clock I have to go out on an urgent work. I am
              going by car. If you come with me, I will drop you  somewhere on the
              way to your office.

Mary:    O.k. Thank you.

                                               *********

     


               
               
           






No comments:

Post a Comment

LESSON - 19 CONJUNCTIONS - AND & BUT - OF G.S.SPOKEN ENGLISH